Thursday, April 2, 2009

Scat Cookies for April Fools Day

The Johnson Kids have a funny sense of humor.  They decided to play a joke on their dad for April Fools Day.  We just happened to have a recipe for scat cookies (Thanks to Grandma Patsy and her nature books)....aka.....Poo Cookies.  These are pictures of them on the prank day trying to feed Sammy the poo cookies and below making the poo cookies.  Erik left too early on April Fools so the kids had to wait all day long for him to get home.  When he got home I pretended like I had had a horrible day and that I was all mad at the kids so he took over and after putting the girls down he was talking to Sam in his room when Meg started screaming to him that Kate was pooping on the floor!  He came running in to find their "cookies" on the floor and I started yelling in my bedroom that "I have had it!"  Then I grabbed Sam and we went running in to find Erik just standing there watching Meg eating a cookie and then yelled "April Fools!"  He was so grossed out that he wouldn't even touch a cookie...I even tried to send him with one the next day and he just said, "I can't even look at them, it is soooo gross!"

5 comments:

Dyan said...

Great idea. Your kids are so funny. I hope Erik liked it!

Emily said...

Love the joke! I wish I could have seen Erik's expression!!

jenn neslen said...

that is the best ever. i can hear/see the whole scenario playing out. good one.

Allison Hauley said...

I am STILL laughing.....that is the funniest april fools joke I've ever heard. You HAVE to post the recipe....

gina said...

That IS SO gross and so funny! Has he forgiven you all yet? Your kids will never forget that!